Friday, March 2, 2012

Monkey see Monkey do!





I think Ellie is trying a little too hard to be like her brother!




             




While at Party City Ellie smacked her face on the corner of  a candy bin that was at the end of the isle! One minute she was behind me as happy as a clam and the next she was on her back on the floor, crying so hard she wasn't breathing, I was praying that there wouldn't be blood. Once I picked her up and coaxed her to breathe she let out a shrill, I knew then it had to be bad( she had her face covered so I couldn't see the damage)and sure enough once I pulled her hands away we could see the cut and of course blood going down her face.


The people at party city got us a first aid kit and we went to work, much like we did on Kaleb (read his story here) they didn't have any butterfly bandages so we just put some gauze on to stop the bleeding, once home we gave her a bath cleaned it really well and put a butterfly on it. It wasn't nearly as deep as Kaleb's so that was a relief.

Overall she is doing pretty good with it, her eye is still pretty swollen( she doesn't care to much for the ice or a cold wash cloth)and she's already got some black and purple coloring going on, I figure by morning she will have a full blown back eye! I'm just glad it wasn't worse, and I am sure she is loving all the attention and love she is getting from everyone especially from her big brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment