Friday, July 22, 2011

Our trip to "The Land of DOOoooooM!" Part I

When we arrived at my mom's the sky was black, and the wind was blowing horrendously. While I was relaxing on the couch talking with my parents Kaleb runs in from outside and says "Mom, I think we came to the wrong place. This isn't Idaho it's the land of doooooooom." he said doom loud then faded out it was classic. I thought it was hilarious and of course decided to blog it.

The drive up wasn't bad at all, the kids and I left at 4 am on the 26th of May. I know what your thinking "HOLY CRAP that's EARLY" and you would be right it was, but my hubby was able to help me get everyone loaded in the car. We made really good time and got to Mesquite by 12, we had a room right next to the pool which was great for letting the kids get their wiggles out. We didn't have an incident were the kids called 911 with the hotel phone while I was sleeping, a security guard woke me up to make sure all was good! Anyway we were in bed by 8 up and out of Mesquite by 7, again with just a few potty stops we made good time and got to my parents by about 4.

We went to the Fire Station open house in Pocatello and of course the kids had a blast, Ellie even got to shoot the fire hose.




Ellie was afraid of the dog this year!


In case you were wondering, she has ketchup on her face!

A couple days later my friend Stephanie came over and brought her totally huggable twins Harlee and Husdon, my girls were in heaven!

I love this one of Ellie and Harlee!
 Ellie was so sad when they left she stood on the porch and cried "my babies!".

Stayed tuned for more posts about our trip to "the land of doooooom" seriously so fun to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment