Friday, April 5, 2013

Egg hunting and turning 7

On Easter Sunday this boy turned 7.

It was a crazy day with Easter and all but we managed. The morning started out with an Easter egg hunt and fun surprises. Then we went to church a certain little boy didn't like his Easter outfit cause it was purple, but I wouldn't budge and made him wear it.

After church it was pizza time, I have to say this was the easiest Easter dinner in the Lamps family history. I let Papa Murphy's do the cookin, we picked up the pizza's on Saturday, so all we had to do was pop them in the oven after church.

So I have a little story to tell about the cake. I meant to order it Friday and pick it up Saturday but things got a little crazy with Ellie's Dr. appointment and other activities. Dana went to order it Saturday morning at the Walmart down the street only to be told they weren't taking any more orders but the one a little farther away was willing to. Ok so Dana goes and orders the cake for pick up on Sunday after church. After church Dane take Ryne to go get the cake, he gets there and guess what!? The cake isn't ready, in fact they had no order for a cupcake Avengers cake! Apparently the person that took the order forgot to put the orders in before leaving the night before WONDERFUL!!! They said they could get it ready in a half hr so Dane and Ryne hang out till it's done, they get it home and all the characters were sunken down into the cake, and then I realized what was suppose to be a chocolate cupcake cake is actually a vanilla and chocolate cupcake cake, it's a little annoying but no biggie. They did give us $5 off the cake but honestly I think they should have done more than that, if I had been the one to pick it up I would have made a big stink over it. Anyway Kaleb didn't seem to mind too much, and that's what matters most right!?

We invited some friends over for cake and ice cream once they got here the party really started. Kaleb was all ready hyper because it was Easter and his birthday all rolled into one, not to mention he was on a major sugar high, things got a little outta control we may have yelled spoken sternly a view times to get things to calm down. All of the noise and commotion set Ellie off, but that's a whole other story for another time.
We did have to cut things short when Ellie kept escalating, so we did cake, ice cream and presents at the same time. We didn't go to overboard with presents this year, he got a new pillow pet, a scentsy buddy, a basketball, a teenage mutant ninja turtle towel, a game and Easter outfit from Grandma J, and some under shirts from me (yeah I'm lame like that), oh yeah and he got a spiderman art kit from the girls. If ya count the bike from Easter he made out pretty dern good this year!

All in all we had a great Easter and Kaleb had a fantastic birthday. I can't express how much I love this kid, he is hands down a very difficult child to handle, some days I just want to hide under my blankets or run away. As much as he is difficult and dramatic he is, loving, understanding, playful, energetic, he has the biggest heart when it comes to his sisters (especially Ellie), he has the best imagination, he is so incredibly smart and he is talented in more ways than one. I wouldn't trade him in for anything, he challenges me to be a better mom, I see things differently because he encourages me to look through his eyes, he is one special kid and I am so thankful to be his mom. Happy Birthday to my handsome 7 year old!



No comments:

Post a Comment