Saturday, August 17, 2013

Mae's 1st Birthday!


Maeley's birthday was low key but fun. I wanted to plan a fun party with other friends and their babies, but it just didn't happen because of the trip and all. I did make her a cute little outfit the night before, and she rocked it!


I was going with a rainbow theme, when I was pregnant with Mae on one of my Dr.'s visits the nurse had asked me about my miscarriages and she said "so this one's your rainbow baby?" I hadn't heard that term before so I asked her what she meant, she said "this one's your silver lining, your rainbow after the storm." I couldn't hold back the tears, it was the truth it's exactly how I felt. Needless to say I am a little obsessed with rainbows when it comes to Mae, so of course her party was rainbow themed.

I sound several ideas for a cake;

Timeline Photos | Facebook
                                             (source)


                                                      (source)


                                                    (source)

Well since we had only been home a couple of days before her birthday I decided cupcakes was the way to go. I used koolaid packets to flavor each of the colors and it also helped to get the colors just right. Now here's a tip for ya when adding koolaid to your frosting, don't under any circumstances let your 4 yr old help with the koolaid, you will end up with very sour cupcakes! Anyway I was quite happy with how they all looked.

I did a bigger cupcake for Mae to smash, it didn't turn out as nice as I had wanted it too cause well the frosting kept melting off! I figured oh well she's gonna smash it anyway.


Man this girl loved her cake, she devoured it! I actually didn't even get to see her eat it cause I went to the kitchen to grab something and by the time I got it back she was done! Luckily my hubby took lots of pics for me!


                   We had blown up some balloons and had them all over the house Mae loved them!


        I got this shot through one of the balloons, she was humming and licking it she was quite entertaining!


Ryne, Kaleb and Ellie made sure Mae had a great birthday, they sang Happy Birthday to her every chance they got, they decorated the house and talked her through the birthday festivities and what birthdays are all about. I think they enjoyed her birthday more than she did!



1 comment:

  1. Love the explanation of a rainbow baby! And those cakes look awesome!

    ReplyDelete