Friday, April 20, 2012

Well Checks

All 3 kids had their well checks today! Yes I actually scheduled them all at the same time, I prefer it that way verses going in 3 separate times with in a couple of months. Anyway  they all did really well, the Doc used Ryne as an example to the other kids he had them all sitting in a row on the table I just had to snap a pic.



Kaleb was well Kaleb and had a hard time sitting still but his Doc was so good and patient with him. The Doc made the kids feel so relaxed, he had them laughing and giggling before they new it the appointment was over! They all cheered when they heard they didn't have to have shots, Kaleb was actually a little disappointed when I asked him why he told me "I wanted to be brave for my girls" but he got over it when he got a sticker.

Ok so here are their stats

Ryne weighs 48 lbs and is 49 1/4" tall, I think they said she was in like the 35% for her weight and like 90% for her height(no surprise there) I can't remember I was a little distracted with Kaleb when the Doc was tellin me.

Kaleb weighs 43 lbs and is 45 1/2" tall, he was right in the middle across the board percentage wise.

Ellie weighed in at 30 lbs and she is 36 1/2" tall, I have no idea where she is percentage wise, cause by this time I was trying to keep Kaleb out of the drawers!

 I talked to the Doc about putting Kaleb on some ADHD medication,Dana and I talked about medication when Kaleb was first diagnosed we really wanted to try and stay away from meds, we started using essential oils which were helping but with the pregnancy the smells make me sick so we stopped using them, lately Kaleb has been coming home crying and upset when you talk to him this is what he would say " I'm just a stupid, idiot", "I'm just a dummy dummy head", "I'm a stupid dumb boy cause every noise bothers me" I tell it's heart wrenching to hear your child say such things about himself, the really sad part is he has himself convinced that he "just isn't smart" when the fact is he's brilliant! So we re-visited the idea of meds and looked into it a little more and decided we needed to do what's best for Kaleb and got a prescription today. We shall see how he does with it, I'm hoping we see good result and hopefully after the baby comes we will be able to go back to the oils. We've talked to him about it and he likes the idea of being able to "focus and not have everything bother me", but we have also made sure to talk to him about the side effects like mood swings etc.. that he may have so that we can all be prepared. I really hope things go well and that we are all able to handle the coming changes!


No comments:

Post a Comment