Saturday, May 8, 2010

HI-YA

A couple weeks ago Ryne tested for her yellow belt, she worked really hard and practiced a lot. We had to wait 2 weeks to find out if she got it, it was agonizing more for me than her! We reassured her that we would be proud of her no matter what, we knew how hard she had worked for it and if she didn't get it this time then she could practice some more and try again, she seemed ok with that. Thursday night was the night, she had a regular class then the parents(and grandparents in our case) were able to come in and watch, they demonstrated all the things the kids had learned. Marryne was the loudest out of 30 + kids, I was pleasantly surprised, there was a moment when she was so focused on her HI-YA's that she forgot to do the punch that went along with it!! Her punches and kicks were right on the money, I never thought that my little girly girl could pack such a punch, she is definitely a lot stronger than she looks! We were all so proud of her, she was the last one to receive her yellow belt, and boy did we cheer for her!! Here are some pics, my camera is out of commission so these are from my phone, not the best but it's better than nothing.


We are taking a break for the summer but will start again in the fall, Kaleb really wants to try it out so I think we might enroll him too. Marryne can't wait to work hard to earn the next the color belt, she has really enjoyed herself and it seems like she has more self esteem as well she is a lot more confident in herself. I am so proud of my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment