Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Trinkets, Treasures and Adventures!

I have been going through my moms closet and basement for things that I know I left here. I have been finding all sorts of fun little treasures, like a mirror that I use to have in my room when I was younger, a little gold shelf that I will paint and put it in my bathroom, a wooden basket, a lamp that will be perfect for my sewing table, a phone table I had back on my college days, some old suit cases, I still have a lot of boxes to go through, I know I will be finding lots more treasures that I can use in my own home, after they undergo a make over! I have to go get some paint and stuff, I already have so many ideas in my head, so we shall see how everything turns out!

A couple of weeks ago my mom took me to America's best to get me some new glasses (since my old prescription was over 6 yrs old) and I haven't gotten any cause I couldn't really afford it and I didn't hardly wear them anyway. Well we went in armed with my prescription, I picked out 2 cute frames and I finally got to get them on Thursday and I love them so much!!! I have been wearing them more than my contacts(that should tell you something right there I HATE wearing glasses). It's been a nice break for my eyes. Saturday another Anita Stanfield book my mom got me came and I started it Sunday afternoon and finished it by 11:30 p.m. it was super good. I also found out that I get my reading skills from my dad he got a book on Fathers day and finished it within a few hrs, my mom was amazed I just laughed at the realization that I am like him in so many ways!

Saturday my dad and brother took Ryne and Kaleb into town to see a model airplane show, they said the kids were over it after the first 10 minutes!! But they did have tons of fun anyway. My mom and I took Ellie and went into town to get a few things to finish up some projects, we also hit a couple of yard sales, we got the kids a little easel with a chalk board on one side and a white board on the other for $3, a big wheel for $3 and a regular bike for Ryne for $5, the kids have been really enjoying it. Especially Ryne cause I am teaching her how to ride her bike without training wheels, it's a little slow going but it's going! Ok so I think I have caught ya up on everything so far, stay tuned for my projects and more adventures with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment