Sunday, June 27, 2010

Attitude is EVERYTHING

I really like what the speakers in my moms ward talked about today, it really made me think. Two out of the three speakers spoke on our attitudes and how they make a big impact on people even when we think they don't. Someones negative attitude can make you feel, sad, unwanted, angry, frustrated, like you are a failure, and many other things. I realized today that we as a society we tend to focus more on the negative things than the positive, like lately my kids faults have been pointed out to me constantly, anything they do wrong is a big deal, but when they do something right no attention is paid to it. I have struggled with this because I feel that I as a mother am failing my children because now all I see are the things they aren't doing and wondering Is is my fault?Am I doing something wrong? Am I not doing enough? Am I being to strict or not strict enough? In turn I am pointing out all of my own faults, and without realizing it and my attitude changes from confidence to failure, all this because of one persons attitude.

Attitude really is everything, because I could hold on to all my frustrations and my bad attitude and pass it on to someone else or I can learn from it let go, and begin to work on being confident again, and I could make someones day by just making a polite comment. People need gratification, I'm not saying we need every one's undivided attention, but it is nice to be noticed and to have someone compliment you on something good. There are days when I have felt like I have no friends, or If I skipped church would anyone even notice I wasn't there? I have felt like my kids are an inconvenience to others, really just plain depressed, but then I poor my heart out to my Father in Heaven, and the next time I feel that way, someone notices and asks me how I am, or they tell me what good job my kids are doing, and in that my attitude suddenly changes from sullen to happy and loved. I am going to try really hard to not focus on the negative, to look beyond it, cause really every one's days are numbered and I don't want to spend them focused on everything I am doing wrong instead of what I am doing right.

1 comment:

  1. You're right. My attitude has been horrible lately. I'm not sure how to change it right now with pregnancy hormones and all. Thanks for posting that.

    ReplyDelete