Saturday, December 25, 2010

"Tis Christmas Eve"

I had a hard time throwing myself into our Christmas Eve traditions, we had an eventful night the day before and I was exhausted. Anyway I finally did jump into baking but decided since I had wasted most of the day we would just make cinnamon rolls for a few of our neighbors and friends. Just before delivering the treats the kids opened their Christmas Jammies...

They were thrilled. I think it's great that even though they know they get jammies every year they are still super excited cause they don't know what they look like! Ryne was a little disappointed that I didn't make their jammies or dresses this year, I just didn't have the energy or motivation, but she was still happy with what she got. After the kids got decked out in their jammies we delivered our treats. I attempted to take a pic of the kids after we got home, but someone just wasn't having it, she screamed and cried until....
She got to jump on the bed and sing our traditional Christmas song "Tis Christmas Eve Dear Santa Claus"
Needless to say this is their favorite tradition!!
Dane really likes it too!!! :)
Ellie figured out it's easier to put the sock in your mouth then jump!
Once the kids were in bed the real fun began! Santa didn't leave till about 1:30, but his work was done and it all looked great!
Santa brought Ryne and Kaleb toy boxes he thought he would trick them by putting their toys inside the boxes then he closed the lids!
All the gifts under the tree, and Dane's Mrs. Claus's gift(in the far right corner).

2 comments:

  1. Hello
    I am so happy to find someone else who sings Tis Christmas Eve dear Santa Claus! Our family has sung it on Christmas Eve for 4 generations. It started in England and now it is in the US. We only have one verse about sister and her doll house, etc. and have been searching for the song's source and/or the sheet music.
    How can I contact you for more info?
    This is great!
    Very excited,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve,

    We have ancestors from England on my moms side that's where we got it from. I only know one verse as well but I would be happy to give it to you, you can email me at superlamps4@msn.com. Looking forward to hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete