Friday, December 11, 2009

The mood

Why is it that when I have all the time in the world I am crafting, sewing, and bow making but when I have to I just can't? Last night I was watching an old re-run of Everybody loves Raymond (while painting Christmas ornaments), it was the episode were Ray is trying to get Debra in the "mood" if ya know what I mean(*wink* wink*) and found the episode quite funny cause it really is the truth! I got to thinking I have to be in the "mood" to sew, or craft I can't just do it unless I "feeling it" or if I have to out of necessity. I have known about our Idaho trip for months, and I pulled out everything I wanted (and needed) to sew ,patterns, fabric and that's pretty much as far as I have gotten the trip is now 1 week away and I have done nothing in the way of sewing, sure the girls has some really cute hair bows now, and we have some adorable salt dough ornaments to give away as gifts, and I think the skirts I made for our family pictures are super cute, but I have no Christmas dresses for the girls, or bathrobes for the older kids, let a lone the Christmas jammies I need to make for the whole family. Next week is going to be crazy busy with packing and attempting to keep my house clean, and the kids Winter Festival parties they are having at school, that I am going to have next to no time to get any of my sewing done! And I just want to point out that I am NOT complaining cause really I did it to myself had I not procrastinated and done it months ago then I would not be in this tight spot, I am just pointing out my flaw and hoping that by doing so I will change my ways which is not likely cause I say that every time I find myself in this kind of situation, but I will definitely try, now that the world knows I procrastinate!

Dana isn't working tomorrow so I figure if I can pawn the older kids off on him while Ellie is asleep I can get the sewing done, that is if I can get everything cut out today! Now while Ellie is asleep I am going to go finish up the rest of the laundry, clean my bathrooms and hopefully get the patterns cut out. I know once I am up in Idaho I can relax a little especially if I get most of my work done down here then I won't have to take it with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment