Monday, December 21, 2009

What an adventure!

We started our long drive to Idaho Friday morning at 5! We made it to Mesquite by 1p.m. which was really nice, the kids got to stretch their legs and get out some energy, Dana and Ellie got to sleep and I got to clean out and re-organize the car (which let me tell ya was tons of fun!). We had a nice dinner and were in bed by 7 we got up by 4 and were on our way again, we had just past Cedar City and were about 30 miles from Beaver when Du Du dun dun DA! our car broke down!! We sat on the side of the road for about and hr waiting for a tow, my brother hopped in his car and started the 5 hr trek to come get us. Ryne and Kaleb were in aw of the tow truck driving because he was wearing a cow bow hat, they were so happy to have met " a real life cowboy.", the driver got a kick out of Kaleb when he looked out the window and pointing to the mountains exclaimed "LOOK AND ISLAND and ISLAND, where's the water!?"

We got to spend some quality time together in Cedar City which is a really nice little town, the kids got a kick out of all the decorations they had up and the Christmas music blasting in the streets. Marryne was the first to learn that you can't run on ice without falling and hurting yourself and Kaleb learned as he fell in a snow drift(without proper snow gear) that snow is COLD!!! Ethan got to us around 4 and we started the 5 hr ride back to my parents we got there around midnight. We were happy to finally make it to grandma's safe and sound.

We are a little frustrated with the place with left our car so it looks like we are going to have it taken somewhere else. We asked the auto shop to flush the transmission and put new fluid in to see if that is the problem (cause we had the same problem with a previous car and that was all it needed),but they refuse to do and it and they $2800 to fix the transmission, yeah that's not gonna happen! My brother is going to drive down with a friend and make sure the new people we take it too will do what we want and all that jazz, and if he goes he has to go Wednesday and he will miss Christmas with us (which really sucks, but he doesn't seem to mind) don't I just have the best, greatest brother EVER!? I think so!

We went to my moms ward yesterday and it was so great getting to see some old friendly faces, I couldn't walk down the hall without getting a hug and a "it's so wonderful to see you" oh how great it is to be home! Marryne had he teacher bring her to me because they weren't saying her name right! They kept asking her what it was and she kept telling them but " they just didn't get it" so she was perturbed and didn't want to stay with them! Kaleb fell asleep during sacrament meeting and he slept all through Sunday school and didn't go to nursery to the very end, but when he did he had a great time and got a candy cane. Today my mom and I finished up the Christmas shopping and had a nice lunch together it was wonderful. Her dollar store is twice as big as ours at home and it was so organized I was seriously impressed, but I was more impressed with all the ribbon they had, grosgrain, silk, sheer and man they had so many colors! I was in heaven, we ended up buying $20 worth of ribbon and then we found some cute embellishments to go with the bows after we left my mom told me "Merry Christmas!" I was so happy what a great Christmas present and I got it early so I can make some cute bows to match some of the outfits I know they are getting!! So tomorrow my mom is working and I am going to get started on the family Christmas jammies (yeah I never got to them), hopefully I can get them done in a couple of days, Wednesday we are planning on going to Salt Lake to see the Christmas lights! When I can I will download the pictures of all our adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment