Monday, December 7, 2009

Rainy days

Since it was over cast and rainy today I decided to take it as an invitation to be lounge around in my pajama's and be lazy, the kids really enjoyed this since it next to never happens, we all stayed in our jammies grab some blankets, and some hot cocoa and had a Christmas movie marathon it was great! Even though I love the rain we are receiving, I am bummed that it has to rain the week we are to get our outside pictures done!

Saturday we decided to give Ellie her first pickle, I grabbed my camera figuring she was going to give me a "sour" face but instead I got a"Mmmm" and this....
Yup that's right she LOVED the pickle, I didn't even get a little bit of "sour" face out of her, and look at her gnaw on that thing!After the pickle we decided to give her a little bit of Mac and Cheese since she kept starin at the kids and makin funny noises, and of course she LOVED that as well she was shoveling it in her mouth so darn fast! I just can't believe how big she is already, she will be 1 next month, it's just so hard to believe. Dana grew up with the German tradition of St. Nicholas day (6th of December), where the kids leave their shoes out at night and then St. Nicholas fills them with candy and toys. Sunday was St. Nicholas day, here are the kids shoes all lined up! Isn't Ellie's shoe just the cutes thing ever it's so tiny, I was surprised at how much candy was in there! Kaleb decided that he couldn't sleep in his bed, he joined Dana and I at 1 in the morning and I didn't feel like putting him back to bed so I let him sleep with us. He woke up around 5 and discovered the candy in his and his sisters shoes! Let's just say he was VERY energetic all day Sunday!
Dana had this extra clip thingy that his work ID goes on, so I decided to make it into a Binky clasp for Ellie. I really like it cause you can pull the string out as long as ya need it but then when ya let go it zings back in, and that way the Binky doesn't get dragged on the floor or wrapped around Ellie's neck! So anyway this is what it looked like before......
and this is after (sorry not the best pictures).I thought it turned out pretty good and the little metal clasp on the back holds really well so it doesn't come off her clothes easily!The kids classes are putting together some Christmas baskets that are going to be auctioned off at their Winter Festival, the theme for the pre-school basket is "Trim the Tree" so they want things that you would decorate the tree with, originally I was going to just take the kids to the Dollar store and let them pick out some ornaments or garland, but then I saw these really cute ornaments on a blog and I had everything to make them so I decided to give it a try, I will post pictures tomorrow when they are all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment