Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Car update!

We finally got our Rendezvous back after a little adventure! Dane picked up the car on his way home from work, we loaded the younger kids and went to pick Ryne up from school. The car seemed to be working perfectly it was shifting just like it should, it wasn't squeakin any more and all the gages were working (gas, speedometer). We got Ryne then headed for the store for some much needed essentials, we were drivin along things were good then we heard a snap, bang, clank, clank the car immediately started overheating and the power steering was shot WAHOO more car problems seriously that's just what we needed! Dane and I got out to inspect the problem we could smell burning rubber which we figured was NOT a good sign, but other than the smell we couldn't see anything, Dane decided to turn the car on while I watched to see if I could see anything. I did take a couple steps back I really didn't want to get impaled by something! I quickly discovered that it was the brand new belt that they had just put in it was completely shredded, so we called our mechanic he told us to come on in and he would get us fixed and on our way.

We had to call a tow of course, the kids and I got to ride in the car on the big flat bed tow truck it was quite an experience and I have to say I was terrified, yes this from a girl who wants to jump out of an airplane! There was something about it that un-nerved me, it could have been that we were taller than all the other vehicles around us, or that fact that I could fill every little bump, or that we were on a slight slant and it felt like we were goin to fall off at any given time! I held my breath and gripped the OSH(oh shiz handle) and held on for dear life, all the while my kids were lookin out the windows thinking this was the coolest thing EVER! They also made up stories about how it was Joker kidnapping us because Kaleb was batman and ya know "joker is batmans enemies". Luckily we only had to go a little ways, once we got to Al's they went to work right away, and discovered it wasn't just a belt issue (of course it couldn't be just that), that there was some other part that honestly I can't remember the name of! Anyway Al the owner went to pick up the part for us cause the place he gets them from didn't have a driver that late in the day, once back with the part it only took about an hr to put it in. The kids did pretty good with waiting Kaleb was enthralled with the garage and all the cars on the lifts, he had so many questions and all the mechanics were really patient with him and showed him around, Ryne did her homework, and Ellie ran around outside like a little crazy person. Before long we were on our way and we quickly discovered that the A/C was working it hasn't been working for MONTHS and we thought we would have to shell out a few more $100 bucks to get it fixed but low and behold an added bonus with the part they fixed came AIR CONDITIONING!!!!!!!!

We still don't know what's wrong with Dane's car they haven't had a chance to take a look at it, hopefully we will know soon and hopefully it won't cost us our first born! I haven't gotten used to having the option of leavin the house and now that I don't have it any more I am feelin very claustrophobic and panicked, I just need to get out of HERE!!!! So one thing I am prayin for is a quick diagnosis and fix it job!

No comments:

Post a Comment