Monday, April 18, 2011

Visitors

The in-laws are comin tomorrow and I actually feel ready this year, last year I stayed up all night putting together a bed and cleanin the house, not this year! We busted our butts this weekend to get our old sewing/office cleaned out so we don't have to kick Kaleb out of his room(he doesn't care for bunkin with the girls)! I have to admit I didn't think it was going to get done for one reason or another it kept getting put off, nothin like needing a room to make ya get off your bum and clean it right!? With everyone pitchin in we got it together . Once the in-laws are gone I will be workin on switching Kaleb to the old office and making up the guest/sewing room it's going to be a BIG project but for some reason I am really gun ho about it! I'm hoping while I have help here I will get my kitchen done, it really won't take long, and it's drivin me absolutely CRAZY with the peeling wallpaper and white walls I NEED color people!!

My birthday is this weekend, my hubby asked what I wanted and I told him a weekend with just the 2 of us, so he asked the in-laws if they could watch the kids for us, I booked a room in Snow Flake at a B&B, and our plans are set. Tensions have been high lately and I really feel like him and I need to reconnect. The kids were a little sad to here of our plans we told them we could celebrate my birthday on Saturday (since it really is my birthday that day) when we got home they liked that idea. Yesterday we found out our ward is havin a picnic on Saturday and are planning to see the Easter Pageant afterwards, and of course it's Easter weekend so HOLY CRAP it's goin to be a busy weekend. We were talkin about what are plans are goin to be and lettin the kids know were are goin to have to cut some stuff out, as much as we want to we can't do everything! Since we aren't cuttin Easter out and the kids really want to go to the picnic so I suggested that we not celebrate my birthday, cause Saturday would be to crazy and Sunday is Easter and I don't want to take from that, I really want Easter to be the focus and not the easter egg hunt, candy commercial Easter, but the Easter about the resurrection of our Savior and Redeemer. I got a good scolding from the hubbs about how the kids will feel really left out if we don't celebrate my birthday, but really I am goin to be preparing so much other crap for Easter I don't want to make my own cake I just don't. Ok I will stop complaining I'm sure we will figure somethin out so that everyone is happy, and fyi I have nothin against celebratin my birthday it's just goin to be a crazy!

On another note if you want to check out some of the crafty things I've been up to check out my craft blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment