Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Week!!


This week has been so awesome!! Dana only worked on Monday, Tuesday we went to the kids class parties which was a lot of fun! Wednesday we went for a walk in the desert and just enjoyed spending quality time with each other, I did a lot of pre-cooking so that I could enjoy Thanksgiving the next day. I decided to start a new Thanksgiving tradition, cinnamon rolls for breakfast! I did all the prep on Wednesday so that all I had to do was throw them in the oven Thursday morning, I got up at 5 so the kids could have fresh cinnamon rolls when they woke up, it was totally worth it, it was a great way to start the day and the kids LOVED it!!

I got to watch most of the Macy's Thanksgiving day Parade with the kids, while Dana went and played football(Turkey Bowl) at the church, he had a blast and so did the kids they really enjoyed all the cool things they saw in the parade.

I decided to make homemade crescent rolls this year, I thought they turned out pretty good what do you think!?
Everyone really enjoyed dinner, Kaleb only had turkey but he loved it, even Ellie got try a little bit of everything!! She loved the turkey and carrots :)Not the best picture, but this was the best pie EVER!!! It was a pumpkin pecan pie, I decided not to make a crust for it since Dane isn't doing a lot of carbs and it was wonderful!!!The kids got to break the wishbone and this was the result.......We figured either they both got their wish or neither one got their wish. Dane had never seen one brake like this, I think the kids might have pulled a little too hard.:)
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and so much to be thankful for. Another tradition for us is to put up the tree on Thanksgiving, I didn't think we would manage it this year but to my surprise we did, the kids had a blast and Ellie was intrigued!

We don't go shopping on Friday so we took the kids to the park, when we got home we made homemade noodles for our traditional Turkey Noodle soup, the kids really loved cranking out the noodles.

Tomorrow is our 6th year wedding anniversary and what better way to celebrate then the got to the wards Turkey shoot (I'll post pictures later when I get them). It was a lot of fun and I was the only girl there and I beat 4 guys and YES Dana was among them!! YAHOO it was a blast and I realized how much I truly miss going shooting. We also enjoyed the time away from our kids, so our anniversary will end what was a really perfect week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment