Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Egg collectin, horse riding, Rodeo kind of weekend!

I'm a little behind with my blogging. We had a busy day of firsts on Friday, a gal in my moms Ward invited us over for lunch, while we were there we got to go into the chicken coop and collect eggs, and the kids got to ride a horse named Sugar! Before we went into the chicken coop Yvonne warned the kids about the roosters, for some reason they like to go after little kids, she told the kids to just stick close to the adults and all would be fine. We went in to one coop and collected the eggs with no chickens or roosters in sight, we went into the other one where they have the beams across the sealing so the chickens can roost, Ryne was on Yvonne's sons shoulders collecting eggs when he turned around a chicken and jumped up onto the beam and scared Ryne half to death she couldn't wait to get out of there!! It turned out she didn't know which ones were chickens and which ones were roosters so she was just plain terrified!! They had so much fun collecting the eggs, they even got to wash them and bring them home.

Ryne was the first one to ride the horse named Sugar, Yvonne took pictures cause I forgot my camera so when I get them I will post them. While Ryne was riding the horse Kaleb and Yvonne's son Sammy were up on the fence petting the other horses, one of them let out a loud noise and I tell you what I have NEVER seen Kaleb move so fast, he was off the fence and 10 feet away before I could even blink!! He decided to keep his distance from the horses, until it was his turn to ride Sugar. He was so thrilled to be on that horse, he threw one arm in the air (like he was waving a hat) and said " Yeee Haw I am Woody and this is my horse Bullseye, giddy up Bullseye giddy up!" it was such an awesome moment for him and me to see how thrilled he was. The kids played for awhile and were really upset when we had to go home, but we still had more fun ahead of us.

Friday night we went to McCammon for the Pioneer Day Rodeo, the kids loved it. Ryne really liked the Barrel racing and Kaleb liked the Muttin Bustin. By the end of the night Ryne kept telling me "When I grow up, I want to be a cow girl and have a horse named Harry and he can wear a bow!". Kaleb was just tired and wanted to go home. Saturday they had a parade in McCammon so I loaded the kids up and took them (by myself), they had a blast gathering candy at least for the first few minutes! Ryne lost her energy when the candy would drop down at her feet she would slowly look down, she was bushed. After the parade the kids and I came home for dinner then Ethan and I went back to the rodeo I hung out with a friend of mine that was running a booth at the craft fair it was great catching up and having an adult conversation with out wondering were my kids were!! So that was our busy and adventurous weekend full of firsts!

No comments:

Post a Comment