Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Old Friends and New Ones

Saturday my mom and the kids and I went to Logan to see a friend of mine. We went to the Zoo and I didn't even know Logan had a Zoo, it was small but the kids loved it, Kaleb was a little more interested about all the Pioneer Day Celebrations they had going on in the park next to the Zoo. We walked around the zoo for a bit, I would have like to do a little more talkin with Ben and catch up, but Kaleb was really wired so most of my attention was given to him instead but it was still really good o see Ben and to meet his wife Terri. The kids loved Ben and Terri, Ryne immediately made friends with Terri, I thought it was sweet, Kaleb kept calling them "dudes" which in Kaleb land is a very good compliment. We let the kids play in the park to run off some more energy then we headed over to The Old Grist Mill for dinner. After we ate we said our goodbyes and headed home to finish the night with fireworks! The kids got to do sparklers which they absolutely loved, Ellie loved watching all the bright lights , but we had to keep a really close on her. It was a full day, but Ryne and Kaleb slept wonderfully, Ellie on the other hand was up A LOT and obviously so was I. I would have stayed home from church like Ryne and Ellie did to catch up on some sleep but I had to teach a lesson so to church I went with Kaleb in tow. Once home from church I took a 4 hour nap and man did it feel good!!

This week is going to be a very busy one, tonight the Uncle E the kids and I are going to go to the Circus, tomorrow I have a full morning of dental work scheduled and also laundry and packing and searching for lost things (like sippy cups, and comfort blankies, shoes etc..), Thursday my mom and I are going to Salt Lake to the temple, Friday the kids and I are going swimming I have been promising them all summer, but it keeps getting put off so Friday for sure. Dana will be here Friday, Saturday we are going to load the car up, then we are going into town for my class reunion, then Dane and I are dropping off the kids then heading to Logan to meet up with Ben and Terri again. Sunday Dane will be going home, the kids and I will go to church then Monday we will do some more last minute searching and packing, then we will load up Ethan's car and head home on Tuesday! Man this week is going to be a crazy but fun filled one!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds really crazy, but fun. Glad you're going to make it to the reunion. Which Ben was it? I'm so glad Dana is going to make it for a few days. Sorry we'll be missing you. My brother's homecoming report is August 15th...I'm not sure if we're going to make it yet, but my Mom is possibly going to come pick us up and bring us back.
    Miss you Heather.

    ReplyDelete