Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Funny thing

Monday morning I woke up with a horrible stomach ache, I got up with the kids and hauled them all to Ryne's school for the Kindergarten tour for Kaleb. I honestly thought it was a waist of time,but Kaleb loved it. Anyway we got home just in time for Ryne to get on the bus and go back (she thought that was so lame). I had planned on taking the car to emissions but my stomach was killing me and I started to throw up (and NO I am NOT pregnant), so I decided emissions could wait. I put cartoons on for the kids and curled up on my bed in pain hoping sleep would come soon so I wouldn't have to feel the pain.

I spent most of my time in the bathroom (I was seriously ready to get a pillow and blanket and lie in the tub), peaking in on the kids to make sure they were staying out of trouble. Turns out I wasn't keeping close enough tabs Ellie got my Wise Women spice(from Chef Tess) and dumped the whole bottle(did I mention it was a brand new bottle) into the butter, she then proceeded to get a whisk and mix it together! Oh and she didn't stop there she decided my favorite chair wanted a taste (looking back I wish I would have taken pics). I did the minimal clean up and laid her down for the nap, put Ironman (a cartoon series) on for Kaleb and laid back down.

I'm not sure how long I was asleep before I heard a high pitch panicked voice calling my name, I opened my eyes to see Kaleb standing over me crying mumbling something about "what did I do, you need to look, mom, mom" it was all mumbled together and was hard to make out. I shot up thinking something bad had happened,  I took a hold of Kaleb and realized what the panic was all about, just one look it's all it took. See for yourself:
 Yup that's right he found some scissors(my fabric scissors) and decided to cut his hair, and he got it all the way down to the scalp. He thought it was never going to grow back and he was going to look like this FOREVER, and I may or may not have let him believe that for a  just minute!

I waited for dad to get home to handle it cause seriously more than 10 mins out of bed and I was drained of energy and throwing up again. Dane made the experience "as embarrassing as possible", he cut Kaleb's hair very slowly and tried some different styles that Kaleb wasn't so fond of. When he finally got down to business Kaleb quickly realized what we meant by "we have to shave it ALL off" and he was devastated:


He cried the entire time, I felt really bad for him. He was convinced that no one would know who he was anymore. He was also sad because "there are no bald superheros! I guess I am Lex Luther." Leave it to Kaleb to think of that! He did promise that he would " I will NEVER,EVER NO cut my hair AGAIN!!" which is what we wanted to hear. I do have to give him credit though by the age of 5 Ryne had cut her hair 3 times this was Kaleb's first and hopefully last time.

When he got on the bus yesterday his bus driver told him she didn't recognize him he turned to me with tears in his eyes and said "see I told you they wouldn't know it was me Kaleb", the driver quickly told him how awesome she thought he was and soon he was smiling and laughing about it. We did reassure him that his hair would grow back and that we would never cut in that short again unless we had to.

No comments:

Post a Comment