Thursday, October 15, 2009

Safely Home

Have ya seen that commercial were the little girl is putting up some posters of her lost dog? Well if ya haven't I'll give a run down, she is putting up posters and is really sad this Young guy decides to take a picture of the poster with his phone then he sends it to everyone he knows askin if they can help find the dog and of course someone does and by the time the little girl returns home sad cause she didn't find her dog this guy was there with the dog and she was so happy. Well we had our own version of that happen today, last night when we went for our family walk a little terrier with no tags followed us home, we weren't sure what to do with him we didn't want to leave him outside, so we brought him in fed him and bathed him. He was a well mannered dog, house trained, so I figured that someone had to be lookin for him, I decided to post on Face Book about him last night just before I went to bed and I am so glad I did a friend of mine knew who's dog it was, her neighbors that had just moved in lost their dog! He dug under their fence and when he went under it his collar came off, she had gone over to my friends today to see is she could make some copies of their lost dog posters, she told her all about the dog and then my friend got on Face Book saw my post gave me a call and we reunited the owner with their dog!! It was awesome, the dog was so happy to see his owners again and vice verse, Ryne was a little sad at first, once I explained that we would want someone else to do the same if they found Hershey, after that she was happy. I think it was divine intervention that got that dog home, I mean we just happen to find him, then a friend happen to see it on my face book and she just happened to live across the street from the owners, I think someone else had a hand in getting the dog safely home, and who knows what other reason there were for it happening the way it did.

We also found out were the turtle we found last week came from! I guess there is a gal that lives by the family with the lost dog that has the mom and dad turtle, they gal didn't know that when they lay their eggs they don't put them all in one spot, so some hatched and she didn't know it till later, so there are about 30 little turtle running around in the area, the family with the dog found there's about the same time we found ours. It was cool, she was able to tell us exactly what kind of turtle he is, and about how big he will get, I think she said the mother is about 150lbs and the father was 90 lbs that could be reversed I can't remember which was which, he is an African Sulcata Desert Tortoise, the biggest tortoise in Africa, knowing the name I googled it and now I know more about how to take care of it, so that was nice to find out.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you found the Dog's owner. And excited you found out about your turtle. Sounds like a lot of fun, but I don't think Sean's going to let us get any pets.
    Hope your Ward Halloween Party goes well. BTW I'm going to Idaho for Thanksgiving and Illinois for Christmas. It would've been fun to meet up with you guys, but I guess it's just not in the cards for now. We'll have to get together soon though.

    ReplyDelete