Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New motto

It seems I have found a new groove, in being a mom! It's only taking me 5 years but I think I have finally got the hang of it!!! Over the weekend I moved the pantry from the laundry room to the kitchen, then I cleaned all the clutter off the fridge and I was pleasantly surprised by the results:) It got me on a cleaning spree, I have been cleaning all the nooks and crannies and it has seemed to make things go smoother in the house with the kids! They are all the sudden asking how they can help and even doing some cleaning on their own it has been wonderful! I know it won't last but hey I am lovin it right now! I have noticed that the busier I can keep, I have better days, I am happier and seem to have put a bounce back in my step!! Who woulda thunk that cleaning little places would do that for me :)

The new little puppy we have (Tidus) is a chewer, and the kids have learned that if they don't want there toys to become chew toys they clean them up, it's been great the house has been staying SO much cleaner to wear there is usually only a few little things to pick up before bedtime. I think the kids have also noticed that since I don't have to spend all day cleaning I have more time for them, and that seems to be a great motivator not just for the kids but for me as well.

My mom got me this great book for Christmas called Mother's Wisdom and it is full of stories from other people about their mother's and the things they learned from them. It is very uplifting and I really love it, one of the first things I read I took to heart and I have decided that it's going to be my new motto "remember that motherhood isn't about perfection; it's about a love that learns as it grows", it is so very true and it really helps to put things into prospective for me. When I seem to be having a tuff day I just recite that and all seems to be right in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment