Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Years!!

My parents would say you aren't an official member of the family until you have experienced a Jessen New Year! It's nothing totally out there it's not a big party with lots of people, it's just family with A LOT of fireworks. My dad loves when they ring in the Chinese New Year they string up a bunch of black cats all over the place then when the New Year strikes they light them all and then the streets are full of little pieces of paper, my dad does his own "little" version of this and it is so much fun and VERY loud!!

Kaleb and Ellie didn't get to experience the fireworks Kaleb fell asleep at 11:15 we tried to wake him up but he was soo tired poor little guy and Ellie couldn't make it past 8 (which we didn't expect her too anyway. )

Dad gettin ready for the count down!
Ready to go outside for the "papa's New year"
Mom and E ready to go out into the cold!Sorry I don't actually have any pictures of the fireworks, (but I do have a video and when I figure out how to load it I will. ) you can take my word for it though it was AWESOME!!

Toasting in the New Year 2010!
I promise she's drinking sparkling cider!Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment