Friday, March 26, 2010

Projects

Remember these big old chunky couches? (sorry not the best picture) Well they are gone and I am so happy. Some of our friends (thanks Lisa and JP) gave us there old couch and love seat complete with slip covers, we got rid of the old ones ( I was so HAPPY) moved the furniture from the t.v. room into the front room. The couches also came with throw pillows but they didn't match my decor so I have been busy making pillow slip covers. Not the best pictures, I will take better ones tomorrow I was just so excited to get them done I wanted to share.
This picture really doesn't do this pillow justice it's gathered and I love it. Don't look too close this was my first time trying it and it's not perfect I think the fabric I used was a little thick, but all in all I thought it turned out. I got the idea from here.
The couch with the new pillows, it makes a big difference (at least it does to me)
Remember that table I sliced my hand up refinishing? Well I finally finished it (without anymore hand slicing).

It turned out nice, we really like it. Everything seems to fit the spaces better, and the kids have more room to play.
I am so much happier with our living spaces now. And I am having a lot of fun decorating too, there are a lot more things to come!

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome! And I'm glad you didn't slice your hand up again.

    ReplyDelete