Thursday, April 8, 2010

The little things

I love the little things that my kids do, here are a few.

Kaleb was worried about Dane and Ryne when they got home later than usual from Karate class as soon as they got home Kaleb ran to Dana and said "I berry berry missed you" he then asked "Daddy are you ok? You late" Kaleb has is so sweet and caring, and although we don't see it that often when we do it melts my heart.

Ellie's crib is right next to the light switch and she just loves to turn it on and off. I went into the bathroom and noticed the girls light on then I heard Marryne say in an annoyed tone "Baby Ellie turn off the light RIGHT NOW!" Ellie responds by giggling. I could tell Ryne was getting mad at this point, but she took a deep breath and I heard her say "Baby Ellie I think I need to have a talk with you, cause I love you and I don't want to get mad"Ellie again giggles to which responds with "here have a cracker!".

Ellie and Kaleb have been 2 peas in a pod when it comes to making messes. A couple weeks ago they dumped out juice powder all over the rug in the kitchen, then they both got into the pantry and dumped out the baking soda, then today they dumped out the dry dog food on the floor in the laundry room. I walked back to see what was going on, both Ellie and Kaleb were bent over drinking water from the dogs dishes! By the time I grabbed my camera they had stopped and Ellie looked at me and said "Hi dad". Besides me cringing cause they were drinking out of the dog bowls I thought it was pretty funny and cute and I figure hey at least they are bonding.

It's the little things that my kids do everyday that remind me of our privileged and blessed I am to be their mom. The little things also remind me to be strong through the tough times cause they are looking up to me, they have faith in me, they support me in all that I do, I love and learn from them everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment