Monday, October 11, 2010

Basic Math

I slept in till 9:30 this morning it was wonderful, maybe Fall break isn't going to be so bad after all! I went to the fridge and found that we didn't have enough milk for breakfast, such a pain I really didn't want haul all 3 of my kids to the grocery store for a gallon of milk! I knew we wouldn't last and hr without it (its Ellie's main choice of beverage), so after a 1/2hr of battling them the kids were ready to go, I thought this will be a quick in and out trip. Before we left the house I had the "No whining, crying or throwing a tantrum cause we are only getting milk"talk. We went in without a hitch got the milk went to the "20 items or less"lane where we waited for a 1/2 hr YES you heard me a 1/2 hr. Apparently the cashiers till wasn't working, and the man in front of us gave her a $100 and she didn't know what change to give him, she was writing it out but seemed to come up with a different amount each time! I was getting frustrated cause now my kids who were being very good up to this point were getting antsy and irritated, I finally pulled out my cell and offered the calculator to the cashier which she grudgingly took she typed in the numbers and FINALLY gave the guy the right change. She wasn't all impressed with me nor I her I mean come on you work with money you think you would be able to do a little basic math. I am no math whiz but I had the amount figured out in my head before she could type it in the calculator!

The cashier had the manager come over and fix her till. The kids were so thrilled when it was our turn, I had to keep them busy so they weren't blatantly honest with the lady. The kids told her thank you and she gave them a 1/2 smile and waved, probably glad to be rid of me, really I didn't mean to embarrass her but really. By the time we got home we had been an hr so much for our quick trip! The kids did pretty well considering, so I decided to give them a treat when they got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment