Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What a week!

This week has been a busy one, we have been so busy cleaning and moving bedroom furniture around, going to martial arts class, on top of our normal everyday stuff. I haven't really had a chance to sit and relax.

Remember my big plan to take away the kids toys? I figured the house would stay cleaner, lets just say that the house has stayed relatively clean but the kids rooms have gotten worse if that's even possible. Where toys use to be now there are dirty and clean clothes, shoes and random things like cups and forks. I kept askin the kids to clean their rooms, their idea was to shove everything in either the closet or under the bed. I finally had enough on Monday I made Ryne clean her room before school (since we were up at 6:30 and she didn't have to be on the bus till 9:30) I pulled everything out from under the bed and out of the closet and she did a really good job of putting everything away were it belonged.

Since she did such a great job I decided to take down the crib and move the bed around. I have been wanting to do it for months but I just didn't have the motivation or patience. All I needed was to see the room really clean. Ellie cried when I took the bed down, even though she hasn't slept in it for over a month now. She only cried for about a minute then she helped me carry the crib out, she has really enjoyed the clean room she spends a lot more time in there which is nice for me.

We just cleaned Kaleb's room I didn't want to move it around more than once ,since we are going to move him into the old sewing room(which I still have to clean). I did move his dresser out of the closet and had him help me organize it, and surprisingly I haven't had to decipher which close are clean or dirty, it's been quite nice. I spent the rest of Monday doing laundry, dishes and deep cleaning the kids bathroom. Once the kids got home it was a rush to do homework, dinner and get ready for Taekwondo.

Tuesday I was busy working on the rest of the house, and doing things like emptying out the vacuum bag cause we don't have anymore and I couldn't stand my floors anymore, I finally finished the laundry too (it only took me 3 days!). Then the kids got home and it was a mad dash to get homework and dinner, then we ran off to Taekwondo again this time it was 2 hrs, by the end of the night the kids were exhausted!Today I cleaned the rest of the house, swept and mopped, did dishes, took out the trash, took the baby crib to the shed along with a few other things. Ryne had Karate tonight, but we decided to opt out, I really didn't want to have to rush dinner and homework. I wanted to be able to spend some time with my family, Dana still had scouts but we had time to take a walk and let the kids play outside before he had to go. Ryne wasn't too crushed about not going to class and she can do a double class next week to make up for this week.

I wish I could say that today was the end of my bust week but it isn't, tomorrow I am going to a morning Taekwondo class once home from that I will most likely tidy up the house and start preparing for dinner, and the kids getting home. We will have another busy night Kaleb's school is having a "Fall Treat Night", the kids get to dress up and trick or treat around the school, and have a costume parade I'm sure it's going to be cook Kaleb is stoked. Friday Kaleb's class is going to a retirement community to have a costume parade and to trick or treat, then that night Ryne school is doing a Spooktacular Movie Night and since we are going to Kaleb's thing on Thursday we can't miss Ryne's thing on Friday! Saturday Dana is going to Little Philmont for scouts, I have nothing planned for that day but I am sure something will come up! I think next week will be a lot slower, although the kids will be doped up on candy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment