Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Kids these days....

It's amazing to me how young kids start being mean and judgmental. Lately Marryne hasn't been wanting me to do her hair and when we do it's usually something low key with no hair bows, I just thought it was because she was growing out of it come to find out I was wrong. When I was doing her hair this morning she wanted a hair bow then she second guessed herself I told her she could wear one if she wanted too, she said " the kids in my class make fun of me". How sad is that? Apparently having your hair done in ANY way is weird and you should be made fun of. I was talking to one of the other moms at the bus stop her daughter and Ryne are good friends even though they aren't in the same kindergarten class, they play together at recess and eat lunch together. I mentioned it to Kenzi's mom and she said that Kenzi had mentioned that too that she didn't think it was fair that Ryne gets teased "all cause her mom likes her enough to do her hair, sometimes I just want to punch them in the nose!", at least she has Kenzie on her side. But it's made Ryne a little self conscious, Kenzi's mom told Ryne "If God wanted us all to be the same he would have made us that way!" I thought that was great advice.

I have been trying to boost her up a little, I've told her of some similar things I went through when I was in school and how I finally got to the point where I just didn't care what everyone else thought, if I liked it that's all that mattered. Popularity is so overrated, you are popular among the friends you have, and if they stand by you no matter how you dress, wear your hair or talk then they are your true friends if they want you to change then they aren't. And with my experience usually when someone doesn't like something it's because they are jealous of it, and they figure since they can't have it or whatever then they will make you miserable. Anyway that's my thoughts on that, I am really frustrated with how Ryne is being treated, I mean come on she's pretty, has a great loving personality she likes everyone even those that are mean to her, what's not to love!

No comments:

Post a Comment