Thursday, October 14, 2010

Poor girl

This morning I got up to find Ryne and Kaleb quietly sitting and watching cartoons, I was surprised that Ellie wasn't up yet. I decided to go check on her, as I approached the door I could hear a faint cry, I opened the door expecting her to be on the floor crying to get out but she wasn't anywhere to be seen. I followed the cries, her head was stuck between the head of the bed and the wall! She was really stuck, I had to pull the bed out to get her out, once I was comforting her I realized she had been like that for awhile when was drenched head to toe in sweat, her poor face was as red as could be and she could barely breathe. I felt horrible how long had she been like that? and why didn't I hear her? The way her head was stuck she was facing the ground, so her sound was pretty muffled but still I felt bad, I should have checked on her sooner.

Ryne said that her and Kaleb didn't hear her crying if they had they would have come to get me. I knew this and I wasn't placing any blame on anyone. Poor Ellie was pretty mellow this morning, she didn't want to eat she just sat in her high chair, I was getting a little concerned but after about an hr she was back to her old self again. She does have some pretty nasty bruises on the side of her face, if ya don't believe me check it out.

She was crying in this one cause I was tryin to put a cold wash clothe on it and she really didn't like it.
Her poor ear is really tender, I thought I would try and take her earring out cause she was pulling on it and crying. But when I touched her ear she screamed. Poor thing, I really wish I could just make it all better. I am afraid to take her anywhere in fear that people will think I abused her, I'm sure when I take her out tomorrow I will get some looks!

I did pull the bed away from the wall so this won't happen again, and hopefully she learned not to try and squeeze herself into small spaces.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch. Poor Ellie!! When I was a nanny the little girl I was a nanny for got stuck between the wall and the bed when she rolled off, but she was only 6 months old. Scariest day of my life.

    ReplyDelete