Monday, February 28, 2011

Busy Hands Make Cute Hats and Headbands!

I saw a friend a last Monday at the mall and she encouraged me to sell some of the stuff I crochet (thanks Lola). I had thought about it in the past, but felt I was too busy being a mom to really sit down and do it, but since the miscarriage I have found that I have more time on my hands than I want. So I decided I would give it a shot, with the kids in school and Ellie taking afternoon naps I have a few hours of "free time" to crochet. I will be opening an etsy shop, but I want to get some inventory first. Feel free to tell me what ya think, I'm tryin to figure out pricing too so any suggestions would be nice, also any cute name suggestions would be much appreciated too! I am also going to have a craft blog too so I can keep my family blog separate and for close family and friends.

Ok enough talk here's some of the things I've done so far:
I actually crocheted this little blue bear hat before we found out that we had lost the baby, I won't sell this one but I will make more like it to sell.

I love this little flower although I did make a mistake can u see what it is?
I made this little headband for Ryne, she loves it and it doesn't hurt her head! This one is made with yarn.
I love this headband with attached flower! This one is made with crochet thread, which will have to be a more custom made thing since they don't have a lot of stretch, and need to be made to fit the head.
This verigated yellow is so springy and fun, again this one is made with crochet thread.


I just downloaded the pattern for this hat.....


Anna Cap
(this image is from the Annies Attic website)


I can't wait to make it, it comes in adult sizes too!!

Crocheting has been a really good outlet for me, it keeps my mind busy so I don't dwell on my grief. It's also really nice to use my imagination and create fun things!

No comments:

Post a Comment