Thursday, September 10, 2009

Blind as a bat!

This morning while I was doin Ryne's hair my glasses fell off my face and into the sink, were both the lens and the screw popped out, luckily for me I found the screw. While I was (blindly)trying to put the screw back in I dropped the glasses, loosing the black screw in my black carpet FANTASTIC!!! I have no choice but to put in my 1 and only contact, seriously what choice did I have!? I spent more than half my day half blind, really I am legally blind without my glasses or contacts and let's face it I am the most uncoordinated person your ever gonna meet(I'm worse than an elephant wearin a tutu dancin ballet), add blurry vision on top of that and let's just say it isn't pretty!!

I called my Dr. office to see if I could get in today and as my luck would have it he was only workin till 2 today and I needed an appointment AFTER 2, I was holding back my tears, I didn't know what else to do, my attempts at rigging my glasses failed, and I was out of ideas, so I explained to this nice gal on the phone what the deal was she was very nice and very helpful, she said that she could give me a pair of trial contacts until I could get in to see the DR.!!!! HALLELUJAH!!I just wanted to go through that phone and give her a great big hug! Dane picked up the contacts on his way home from work and I am proud to say that I can SEE, and I am so grateful!!! My headache is almost gone now, and I was actually able to clean my house once I could see were all the messes were!! And the best part was that Dane figured I had a pretty rough day so he bought a pizza for dinner so I don't have to cook!! What a great guy. :) So that was my drama today, it was one of those" you have got to be kidding me" situations that you feel could only happen to you and all you can do is laugh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment