Monday, September 21, 2009

Blue and Brown

It's only taken me 3 years but I finally painted my front living room. I also hung some picture frames that I got for mother's day, even though I don't have any pictures in them yet!!

I've been toying with the idea of a family tree, I have thought of many ways to do it, but I got this idea from Kaleb when he dipped his hand in blue paint and put it on my dark brown square. The idea stuck with me but instead of painting it on I used fabric. I cut the tree out of some fabric and put it on the wall with starch (yes starch), then I cut out all of our hand prints out of different fabrics and put them on with starch, Ellie's prints aren't on there yet I can't get her to hold still on my own and when Dane's home I am distracted by to many things. Anyway we want to add our parents and brothers and sisters and their kids prints to the wall, when we get them all on I will post more pics. So that was my project last week, the next couple of weeks I will be busy makin Halloween decor and costumes.

3 comments:

  1. You're quick, you were just talking about the idea. It turned out cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chanda it did turn out cute! Once I get an idea in my head I can't rest until I am done with it, it's a sickness really!!:)

    ReplyDelete