Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Highs and lows of our camping trip.


Now that Ryne is at school and the younger kids are asleep I thought I would share some high and lows from our camping trip.

High- We all were so happy on Thursday to get out of AJ and the heat, especially since there were record high temperatures.
Low- We had no a/c in the car and the windows on the passenger side wouldn't roll up.

High-We set up camp easily and without incident(like last yr when Kaleb broke a tent poll)so we were done before it got dark.
Low- We were tired and ready for bed but all the kids took naps and were wired.

High-We went to bed by 9
Low- It got pretty cold and I was up most of the night with Ellie and Kaleb

High- We had a great day on Friday, we went for a hike, and flew kites and collected fire wood.
Low- Kaleb was confused about going potty in the woods, he thought if he went behind a tree he would get in trouble and so he resorted to peeing his pants, he went through all of the clothes I had taken for him so I had to do laundry see.....

High- We had a great lunch on Friday, chicken quesedillas and rice crispy treats.
Low-I had to cook!! LOL
High- A porta-potty was delivered Friday afternoon
Low- Kaleb was fascinated and wouldn't stay out of it. (he was even giving tours, and guarding it.)
High-Saturday morning we(I) got the camp all packed up early, so we could have the afternoon to hang out.
Low- I missed breakfast with the ward and had to eat my pancakes cold. :(

High- The kids had fun making bows and arrows, we took a couple of cute family pictures
Low- We had to go home, and endure the heat and windows that wouldn't roll up :(

So that was our trip in a nut shell, were there's highs there's lows and were there's lows there's highs.

No comments:

Post a Comment