Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Costumes, School and Free Time!

So on my list of many things to do I can almost scratch off making Marryne's Halloween costume! With Kaleb gone at school for 3 hrs this morning I was able to get it cut out and pretty much put together, I ran out of red thread for hemming the cape and skirt and I also need some fabric glue for the "S" symbol that goes on the shirt. I will have to wait till tomorrow (cause it's PAYDAY) to finish, which stinks cause I was really excited about having it done today, but I figure that it's all well and good there are some other things I can work on that need to be done.

Kaleb started pre-school today!! Apparently his paper work for riding the bus (that I sent in over 2 weeks ago) got "misplaced", and I was told last night that the bus would NOT be picking him up for school this morning! They told me that if I could get him to school they would let him ride the bus home (since it's the same bus that picks up Ryne) FANTASTIC, but I had one problem I have no car and no way to get him to school! Luckily the very awesome Sister Holyoak took time out her day to drag me and my 3 kids down to the school to wait in the car (for 15 mins while I figured out the whole bus thing)with an unhappy baby and a chatter box THANK YOU so VERY VERY much!! Kaleb did better going to school than I thought he would considering that when I was getting him ready this morning he was very vocal about going to school these were his words "I am not going. NOT going I tell you NOT GOOOOOOIIIIIING!"followed by a tantrum. I was worried that he would pull the same thing as school and was gearing up to embarrassed, but he surprised me and touched my heart, when the time came to say goodbye and go to class he with big pouty eyes, a sad little pouty lip and a tiny wave bid me farewell, it made my heart sink I blew him a kiss he blew me one back then I had to turn my back and leave, If I kept watching I knew I would loose all control. As it turned out he had a FABULOUS day! When the bus pulled up to drop him off(and pick Ryne up) he was all smiles, he made it through the morning with out me and he LOVED every minute of it just like I thought he would!And I had a great morning with my girls just like I thought I would. Now I took some pictures of him all dressed and ready to go, and I got some when he got off the bus but I forgot my camera when I dropped him off this morning so no pictures of his sad little goodbye, but it's definitely a face a will never forget. I will post pictures later my computer is being temperamental at the moment and it is not allowing me to download any, but keep checkin.

Tomorrow Kaleb will be riding the bus, so that is a weight lifted off my shoulders. Marryne is just thrilled that Kaleb is now going to school, he is now an official "Big Boy" cause Marryne said so!It was very quiet without Kaleb here this morning, I was able to get quite a bit done. I was surprised though at how slow my day seemed to go cause when he is here I am always on my feet cleaning up messes, so I think I am definitely liking this whole "school thing". Even when he got home he was so tired he took a nap so I had more piece and quiet since Ellie was napping too, and surprisingly enough I wasn't cleaning, doing laundry or sewing Ryne's costume(cause I got it done in the morning) I actually sat on the couch with a Popsicle and watched something more enjoyable for me, and man was it nice!! YES! I definitely like this "school thing" and all the free time that comes with it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment