Monday, September 28, 2009

October

I love Halloween, not so much for decorating the house, or making Halloween costumes, or the trick or treating, but because I know that Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner along with my favorite times of year I love the fall and winter. I thought that October would be my last relaxing month before all the chaos begins, but I was wrong! I found out yesterday in Relief Society that I will be planning the ward party!! I wasn't expecting the whole responsibility to be handed over to me, but I am thrilled to have the experience, I just need to find out some details so I can make it happen. Anyway when I found out this news I was excited of course but a little nervous and perhaps after thinking about it for a few minutes a little stressed, but once I got home and jotted down all my ideas (Dana even had a few) I felt better about it and know that it really isn't that difficult to do, it's not the parents I really need to please it's the kids and kids are pretty easy to please when it comes to stuff like this as long as there is candy involved they are happy!:).

I don't think it's so much planning the ward party that has me a little stressed I think it's more the concern of having my kids costumes done in time and hoping they turn out as fabulous as I have them pictured in my head, and hoping that everyone else likes them as much as I do. I seem to always get a little anxious when I make clothes or costumed for my kids, wondering what other people are going to think about them? if I did a good job? or do I just really stink at sewing?are they original enough? all these questions come to mind when I sit down to sew, and this is going to sound a little funny but I think that that's why I like doing it so much I get a thrill out of wondering what others are gonna think, and sometimes I am pleasantly pleased with the results and comments and then I have those times when I feel like I have done a decent job and other's don't and even though that may bother me at first, I take the criticism and use it to help me (after griping about it for a minute) do a better job next time. I am also thinking that I should dress up but the question is what should I be? I know that stressing over this is ridiculous but never the less I am worried about it.

Besides planning the ward party, and making Halloween costumes, Kaleb starts school this week which has me a little on edge, school pictures are next week, sometime this month I'm not sure when both Ryne and Kaleb's classes are going to be having a "fall" party I wonder what I will volunteer myself to do for that!? We also want to get family pictures done this month, and who knows what else will creep up here and there. WOW this is going to be a busy month, but I'm not to worried cause I know one way or the other everything will get done, even if it's not they way I wanted or pictured, and I need to except help when it is offered, cause those offering need the experience just as much as I do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment