Thursday, November 4, 2010

"I give up"..

Kaleb has been using that phrase all the time, especially when he is in trouble or when he is asked to do something that he doesn't want to do like get out of the shower. Through tears he always says "I give up!", I think I am going to take his advice. I'm sure your thinking what!? you should never give up, which is true with most things. So let me shed some light on what I am going to give up on:

I am going to give up on the number I see on the scale, I am going to give up worrying about it cause let's face it when I see that that number has gone up instead of down or hasn't done anything I get depressed and eat more therefore making the matter worse and more depressing.

I am giving up on others opinion of me, honestly I really don't care. My husband loves me fore me, my kids love me for me and I love me fore me and that's all that matters. And I am done trying to impress people by not being myself.

I am giving up on feeling bad for telling someone what they needed to hear even though they didn't want to listen. I am done thinking it is my fault that this person isn't talking to me, really if it really didn't matter then why get so up in arms about it. And I would expect the same thing from this person which was honesty even if it seems hurtful or if it's something that I wouldn't want to here. I wasn't cruel or mean, and I am done with feeling guilty over it.

I am giving up on feeling sorry for myself and whining about it. I mean I will probably still whine and complain once in awhile but that's just human nature. But I am giving up on giving up on myself, I haven't been giving myself enough credit lately and I am done with that.

I give up on obsessing over a clean house. Don't get me wrong I'm not going to let it get horribly messy but I am going to spend a little less time cleaning and more time with my kids. I'm not going to make cleaning a priority over myself or my family.

I am giving up on the t.v. I will let the kids watch their hr of shows then that's it. I will get up and do something constructive.

Ok so those are the things I am giving up on these are the things that I will never give up on:

Loosing weight, I am not going to obsess over it. I'm just going to keep doing what I am doing. I will eat better and I will keep up with the martial arts.
My family not just my husband and kids but my brothers and sisters
My self
My Heavenly Father I feel like with all the stuff that's been happening I haven't turned to who I needed most, I gave up praying for awhile and I am not doing it again.
I will not give up on others, I will and help them with their grief, sorrows and troubles, instead of focusing on my own.

So my advice to you is to give up on the things holding you back and keeping you down and then work hard on the things that raise you up and make you feel better.

2 comments: