Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving! It was just us this year, we really missed not being with our families, but we also really enjoyed spending it with our little family. On Wednesday the kids helped me cook the apple pie, cookies and rolls.

Last year I woke up at 5 in the morning to make fresh cinnamon rolls for the kids, I wanted them to be nice and hot when they got up and I have to admit I kinda regretted it. I thought I would pass this year until the request came via Ryne, when I told her I didn't think I was going to do it this year she retorted with "but it's tradition" even though last year was the first year we had done it! Well I couldn't say no to that, so instead of getting up super early I chose to stay up till midnight, I made the dough and baked them, then in the morning I put them back in the oven to warm and made the cream cheese frosting. Now there is no picture cause all I could think about while they were warming was the gooey cream cheese frosting and the yummy cinnamon goodness, so as soon as they were done and put on a plate they were devoured!

We enjoyed the Macy's Thanksgiving parade while we ate our rolls, and talked about the things we are grateful for. Because I did most of the cooking the day before once the turkey was in the oven I was able to sit down and watch Christmas movies with my family. The kids were dyin to eat especially when we started putting food on the table! Once we declared it was time to eat they were cheering, I don't think I have ever seen them move so fast!!

Here's the feast!

Close up of "the bird", I swear when I took this picture it wasn't blurry.
Since Dane and I have been working hard on losing weight and the kids aren't real big into pie I decided to make 1 pie this year and cookies for the kids. Dane requested an apple crumb pie it was good!!

And for the kids I made jam thumbprint cookies, we all loved them! I caught Ellie suckin all the jam out the of middle and putting the cookies back!
Ellie enjoying her pie! If your wondering why she has no shirt on it's because she got into the gravy, and I mean most of it ended up on her shirt!
He was showing us how super heroes eat pie or in his case a cinnamon roll.
Yeah scary I know, I think she is warning everyone to stay away from her pie!
We had a great relaxing day, after dinner was done and cleaned up, we pulled out the Christmas decorations and put up the tree. It was all going great till I couldn't (and still can't)find one of my sock snowmen he was in the box with the parents but then disappeared, then my neighbor (love you Claudia) scared the crap out of me when she came to warn me about the pipes (it got to 28 degrees last night!), then Dane just had to put a talking Darth Vader ornament on the tree it too scared me when I went to turn out the lights and it spoke without being touched needless to say Dane thought it was hilarious! Oh and the fun didn't stop yesterday today I had some blunders but I will leave that for another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment