Monday, November 1, 2010

Ward Campout 2010

I am finally getting the pictures from our Ward camp out up, do to some technical difficulties. Dana took Friday the 22nd off, so we headed up to camp we got there around 11, and quickly set up camp. Then the clouds rolled in, it sprinkled a bit here and there but that was it. It was a little chilly but, that didn't bother the kids.

Look a tree with colored changing leaves!!
I have to say that Ryne takes after me in the graceful department, those of you who know me know that I am anything but graceful! Once we found a good camping stop and stopped Ryne opened the car door and literally fell on her face, hitting the only rock protruding out of the ground! She got a good size bump and some scratches on her face, it didn't keep her down for too long, a few minutes later and a kiss from mom and she was off collecting firewood.

Dane went with the Bishop to get some firewood, they a tree stump right out of the ground, with bishops truck. On there way back to camp, Bishop got a flat tire and they couldn't get the spare from the underside of his truck, so they had fun getting the tire repaired and put back on :)
Kaleb like helping put fire wood on the fire.

Ellie was pretty fascinated with the fire, I had to keep a really close eye on her.
Kaleb and Ryne enjoyin the fire!
Bonn fire anyone!? That stump burned for a long time!!
On Saturday the kids got to see their first centipede! I have to say it was a little creepy. Ryne pointed out "it's dressed for Halloween cause it's orange and black!".
Ryne showin me her little acorns she was finding. I collected some fall colored leaves for a project.
We really enjoyed time with our family and great friends. I loved how close the camp ground was, it was so beautiful. It was great getting away from the t.v. computer and other distractions of life, I love camping for that reason we actually get to spend some quality time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment