Sunday, July 19, 2009

Laughter, Nails and Hair!

I stayed home from church today with the girls. Ellie is still running a fever, not to mention she is miserable because of the double ear infection she has. Marryne woke up coughing and she says she has a sore throat, so despite her protests I decided to keep her from church today. She was pretty sad about it and she absolutely loves her Sunday school teacher, so after the boys left (and since the house was clean) we pulled out everything we would need for a fun filled afternoon of playing Salon! I did Ryne's hair and nails, we laughed and talked about random things it was so much fun. I even let her have a Popsicle for her sore throat =). I loved just sitting and being with her, Ellie slept through the entire afternoon! There are times when Ryne really craves my attention and I am not always able to give it to her without it being divided to the other kids, the dog and my hubby! So it was nice to let her talk to me she told me about things that make her happy and sad, and about all the people that she likes, she told me how much she loves having "momma time", and that she likes it when I do her hair "sometimes". She loves her brother, but doesn't always like the way he acts or the things he does, she loves her sister even though she cries and poops a lot because she knows that that's what babies do, she loves her daddy because they go on outings together and he takes her swimming a lot and when he gets mad at her she know it's because he loves her and wants her to be safe, she loves Hershey(the dog) because she keeps Ryne warm at night, and she loves Jesus because he loves her and she is a Child of God even though she can't see him she knows he is always there! What a wonderful day this was to here her speak of these things. Sometimes I have my days were I wonder "Why do I even try!?"sometimes it's at church and other times it just a normal day, but then I have days like this when it is very clear why! =)





1 comment:

  1. She is so cute! Spending time one on one with the kids is the best! btw her hair is stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete