Thursday, July 2, 2009

Theme song guy!!

Most of you have heard me talk about Kaleb and all of his theme songs, and a lot of you have heard him it is quite entertaining. He does a wide range of songs just about anything he hears once he can mimic. It wasn't until yesterday that I realized that he hums or sings a song for whatever mood he is in or what activity he may be doing. This is how yesterday went I thought it was pretty funny.

When I opened his bedroom door to let him out in the morning he stomped out of his room doing the Iron man theme song ( ya know the part in the movie when Iron Man is breaking out of the cave!?), that was quite humorous on it's own. We sat down to have breakfast and he starts to sing the Rice Crispy song (even though he was having KIX for breakfast!!). The kids played for awhile and then it was time for lunch Kaleb started singing the peanut butter and jelly song, until he noticed we were having spaghetti and meatballs then he changed it to " meatballs, meatballs and spaghetti" ( quite clever if ya ask me.) After lunch I tell him it is nap time and he starts singing twinkle twinkle little star. When he comes out of his room after his nap he is doing the batman theme song, with a little bit of iron man mixed in. Both the kids started running around pretending to be cars, I was in the girl's room changing Ellie's diaper when and I could hear the speed racer song!When it was time to clean up for dinner he started singing whistle while you work. During dinner he started singing "scooby dooby do where are you" not sure what that had to do with anything (probably cause scooby doo is always eating) but it was funny! Then it was time for bed, now of course he wasn't happy about going to bed in fact I had to literally tackle him to the floor( and in the process really hurt my toes). After I caught him I marched him to his room and as we were marching he started doing the song off of star wars( no not the one you are thinking) ya know the one they play every time Darth Vader enters the room!!I was laughing so hard I wasn't expecting that. He made my day so much better it was a lot of fun to watch and listen to him jotting down the songs he was singing and what he was doing at the time. He hasn't done it much today, he's kinda stuck on the peanut butter and jelly and scooby doo songs. Now I actually listen when he starts singing to see what brought it on! I think we have kinda turned it into a game and we all enjoy it, Marryne has even started doing it and Ellie smiles and laughs when they sing to her. =)


1 comment:

  1. I can totally picture Kaleb doing that! He's so funny!!

    ReplyDelete