Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Self motivation

Today has been one of those days were it is very difficult for me to get motivated to do anything. The last couple of days I have been so tired, it doesn't seem to matter how much sleep I get I am still tired. Tired enough that if I sit down even for a second I would fall asleep. I'm sure my body has just been trying to catch up with me,the last few weeks have been really busy and at times trying, but still sheesh I would love to stop feeling this way! Even when I do get the work done I really don't feel all that accomplished(any one else feel this way sometimes?). I have also been having these horrible headaches, they come and go some are worse than others, the one I had this morning wasn't so bad until Kaleb headbutted me with his oh so hard as a brick head right on my nose! Lucky for me he didn't break it but he did bruise it pretty good and he knocked me silly, and needless to say it didn't help my headache. It took me a half hour to recover and even then when I stood up I could still see stars! Other than that little episode with Kaleb the kids have been fairly good for me, right now both Kaleb and Ellie are asleep and Marryne is sitting next to me singing and wondering when I am going to get off the computer! This has been one of those days that I need a serious "mommy time out" and the computer is very therapeutic for me.

The more I think about the way I am feeling the more I chalk it up to missing my family, and the sadness I feel for a dear friend all of that is depressing as it is and then when you add the heat on top of it it just seems to make it all much worse. Cause not only do I miss family and friends I can't really get out of the house, it's just to darn hot and because I can't take the kids outside to play they get board and restless and that just seems to add to my load. I was talking to my mom the other day and we were talking about some of the trials that I have over come and one thing that I mentioned was that I really relied on my patriartical blessing it gave me the strength that I needed to overcome my opsticals. And even though what I am facing right now isn't half as bad as some of the other trials in my life, I am going to take my own advice and rely on that blessing once again. I am also going to rely on Family Home Evenings and the daily prayers, now we aren't perfect and we haven't been having them as much as oftena as we should, but today is my turn around I may not be motivated to cleanse my house of all the dirt, but I am motivated how ever to cleanse my self spiritually. I know that if I do that that everything else will fall into place, I will feel and be more willing to handle all the other things. So I have challenged myself to have daily prayers, with my children and on my own as often as we feel we need them, hold family home evenings every week without fail, and to rely more scriptures to study them and to learn from them, and of course to have more faith in myself and my Father in Heaven. Now that I have declared this out loud I am very motivated to get started, wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment