Saturday, June 20, 2009

Embarrassing Moments

So yesterday I talked about funny moments things that the kids do that just make me laugh, well last night we had one of those my face is so red it's embarrassing moments, but that still didn't stop me from laughing and wishing I would have had my camera! So here's the story we went to the ward party last night which was great fun, the kids were running around getting out some energy. Dana and I were sitting at the back of the cultural hall when I hear this little voice say " mommy I gotta go poop!" from across the cultural hall I look up right away and you guessed it Kaleb was standing in the middle of the cultural hall pants around his ankles half way bent over!! I had the baby so I quickly got Dana's attention,as he is walking up to get Kaleb the whole room is dead quiet( the quietest it had been all night) and you guessed it they were all looking at Kaleb who was waiting patiently for daddy to help him. Now I should have gotten up right away and passed my baby off to someone to go help Dana, but instead I just laughed and made the comment that I wish I had my camera I mean really a picture of that would have looked great next to the one of Marryne picking her noise during her pre-school graduation! I did get a few scowls from people but hey what do ya do, the boys is potty training, anyway after I got control of my laughter I decided I better get some clean clothes for Kaleb. Little did I know it wasn't just poop it was diarrhea!! Oh yes and I am sure you are saying oh that's so gross and trust me it was and I am sure that those who were still eating lost their appetites!! Luckily for us the party was pretty much over anyway, so with our heads held high we said good night and went home to laugh some more.

I guess that pooping in front of everyone wasn't enough embarrassment for mom and dad cause today he managed to do it again. I have mentioned before that I sometimes say the "d" word as we call it now, well this story is about that word. Today was the pinewood derby for scouts great fun and for most of it Kaleb was asleep in my lap which was really nice for a change. Towards the end the adults got to race there cars by this time Kaleb was awake and cheering, it was the first race for the adults and Dana's car aka bat mobile was on the track, they said go and the cars raced Dana's car came in last and to my surprise Kaleb yells at the top of his lungs " Damn it car" followed by "stupid, stupid car, oh man!" and yes he did learn the word stupid from me to but that's another story, now I don't think to many people heard him because of all the commotion but it was still and little embarrassing. So life with Kaleb is definitely busy, and fun and yes sometimes a little embarrassing but we love him anyway!

2 comments: