Saturday, June 6, 2009

Pick your battles!

So finally as a mother of 3 I have learned to pick my battles like this morning for instance the kids wanted pizza for breakfast, now I could have said no and dealt with the yelling and screaming but instead I though about how pizza really is the perfect breakfast food, I mean when you have breakfast you usually have eggs, juice, toast or some kind of bread, some kind of meat like sausage or bacon, now pizza has all of that and you don't have to dirty a ton of dishes to get it and better yet they can have it for lunch too then that takes care of the leftovers!! So now I am the best mom in the world cause I let them eat pizza for breakfast. It reminds me of Bill Cosby's "dad is good, dad is great he gave us chocolate cake!!".
Here are some other battles I have chosen to work around instead of being in the middle. What would you do?

When your child really hates wearing clothes cause he just hates it what do you do? Now I have come to a compromise with Kaleb if he wears either a diaper or underwear then I don't care if he wears anything else (the important parts are covered up). It actually works out nicely now that he is potty training if he has an accident I don't have to wash a butt load of clothes. =)

When your child insists on getting herself dressed to go to the store and she comes out wearing a pink shirt with red white and blue pants with 2 different shoes on the wrong feet, and she is so proud that she did it herself without ANY help, what do you do? I don't know about you but I don't like to break my little girls heart even if she does look a little odd, but hey if she were in Japan she would fit in perfectly. So I do make her put the shoes on the right feet, but other than that I just laugh at how she isn't embarresed about how she is dressed just proud that she did it herself.

So here's another one Kaleb is potty training now which is great but when he puts his underwear on it's backwards,now I don't think that would be very comfortable but hey he seems to be fine with it. Now do ya force him to turn it around and he hates it so much he decides he would rather wear a diaper instead (so much for potty training!) or do ya just say the heck with it as long as he is going to the bathroom it's fine and he will eventually turn it around?

Marryne is on a kick right now she wants to be a boy! She thinks that boys have more fun and let's face most the time boys do have more fun. I know I always wanted to be a boy scout growing up because of all the cool fun things they got to do. Anyway so here's the battle she likes to wear Kaleb's clothes sometimes, so what do ya do? Make her change or say hey at least she is wearing clothes and Kaleb isn't using them anyway!?

So these are just a few of the battles I have lost or rather avoided. I would really like to know what you do and please share any of your 'battles" as well.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with the picking of the battles, some things just arnt worth the fight, I have let my kids go in public looking odd when they have dressed themselves and I also dont care if they wear their undies backward (at least they are wearing them) Harlee also has been saying she wants to be a boy, i think its just a phase. Now Im not sure if Im so laid back about these things right now cuz Im ready to pop and just dont give a crap or if I have changed that much, when the twins were little I didnt let them get away with so much but as I grow older I realize most things arnt worth the battle, let them be little as long as they can:)

    ReplyDelete