Thursday, June 11, 2009

Matching bumper pad

We have a bumper pad that we used for Kaleb and of course it's blue now when we finally got another crib for Ellie and I pulled it out Marryne looked at it and said "Mom it doesn't match my our room, it's blue and our room is pink and green!". I told her that that was ok and that it didn't matter but apparently it does so she told me that I needed to make a new one so that's what I did, well it started out as a cover for the old one that way I could take it off and wash it but then I decided oh what the heck and just made a whole new bumper pad for Ellie's crib. Marryne now feels much better that everything matches, thanks to Grandma J we have a green sheet and a pink blanket with green turtles, so everything matches "so very perfectly" as Marryne told me so here are some pictures of that. Some of ya may not know what the girls room looks like it's light pink with giant fuchsia and bright green polka dots it's wild and crazy we call it our "Dr.Seuss room".

Ellie modeling the matching blanket and sheet, isn't she a natural!? =)
The short ends are pink with green frogs, the outside is all pink and the long sides are green bubble print. Kaleb wouldn't move his head =)
You can see some of the green and pink dots on the wall in this one, it kinda gives ya an idea what the room looks like.
I was going to make the whole thing with the pink fabric with the frogs but I didn't have enough fabric so I improvised. I thought it turned out pretty darn cute and it does indeed match their room.

No comments:

Post a Comment