Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Fingers to the bone!

Since we don't really have the money to buy Ryne a whole new wardrobe for school, I decided to break out the fabric, patterns and sewing machines! I spent most of today cutting out patterns, I'll cut out some more tomorrow and then start sewing. I realized as I was cutting out the patterns that Ryne is very difficult to fit! She is super tall for her age but super duper skinny, according to the patterns for her chest measurement she should be wearing a size 3 but for her length from the back of her neck to her waist she would be in a size 7, and for pants she doesn't even register she is so stinkin skinny(which is a good thing don't get me wrong)which makes it hard to make stuff, but it's easier to make clothes for her then to go from store to store trying to find clothes that will fit her!

I made up one shirt today I wanted to see how it fit and all, the pattern seemed a little short in length so I made it up in this really cute purple, green, and orange flower fabric and the sleeves are some left over light weight purple corduroy that I happened to have on hand. It turned out super cute I loved it (and I can't wait to make her a bow to match) she on the other hand was a little disgruntled once I got it on her and I asked her "So what do you think? Do ya like it?" with which she answered with a sigh "It's not pink and I likes the pink" and she rolled her eyes took the shirt off handed it back to me and put her pink shirt back on! What a little snot!! Sheesh I love the girl but come on! She was watching me cut out some of the other things and she would just look at me with disapproving eyes because there isn't a lot of pink in the selection I have. I told her that I was using fabric I already had so that we can use the money we save to make matching hair bows and get her some cute shoes for school, she seemed to like this idea and she turned to me and said "My new shoes better be pink" with a little grunt. What a turkey, I know what my mother would say "I wonder who she gets that from?" and I would just act like I have no idea who she is speaking of!LOL. I also told Ryne that if she didn't like them then she could just wear her old clothes and we could save these for Ellie, she didn't like that idea so she hugged me and told me "thank u for makin my new clothes, even if they aren't pink." she gave me a kiss on hopped merrily on her way!

So for the next few days I am going to be busy making my 4 yr old a new wardrobe with colors besides pink! I will post pictures when I am all done with everything who knows I may even give ya a sneak peak! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment