Sunday, August 9, 2009

Nice weekend!

Even though the weekend was very busy it was relaxing at the same time. Our school district held a Child Find event for children 0-5 yrs old, they had people testing children's hearing, vision and also observing how they behave and all that, they offer a pre-school program and by going to this event you can see if your child qualifies. My oldest Marryne is already in the program and they told me that they like to evaluate siblings so that's while we were there, we still don't know for sure if Kaleb qualifies but man that would be super nice, then they would both be gone for the afternoon 4 days a week woo hoo!! They also had other booths and things there one of them was the fire department and they did finger print cards with the kids pictures on them for free, all three of my kids got them (yes even the baby!), they all did great and smiled for their pictures except Ellie she cried. I guess they do that every yr, so I am so there I think it is an important thing to do. There was also a gal that did singing time Dana took the girls, Kaleb missed out he was being evaluated. The kids got some balloons and some fun little trinkets from all of the different little booths. And when we got home a 1 Kaleb and Ellie went to sleep the silence was so nice I took a little nap too. The rest of the afternoon was just relaxed with nothing pressing to do, and then we made homemade pizza for dinner.

So here are some just random things that the kids have said or done that have made me laugh.

Marryne told me after I told her to stop jumping on the bed this morning that "jumping on my bed is good exercise and it's important to exercise!" How do you argue with that one?

Kaleb has been running around with Ellie's pink bunny hooded bath towel on his head singing the Batman theme song!

Kaleb has also been putting Ellie's bottles on his arms and calling them his "power bands".

Earlier this week Marryne told me "this house is too skinny we need to buy another one that's bigger so we can fit better!"

Lately Marryne has been telling stories about "when I was a little girl" like she is all grown up!

Ellie has learned to blow raspberries, she has also learned that the best time to blow a raspberry is when I have just put a spoonful of baby food in her mouth! She thinks this is loads of fun! (Not so funny for the person feeding her at the time!)

We were in the pool this week and I was floating on my back holding onto Ellie's tube and all of the sudden I felt something tugging on my hair, and I realized Ellie was grabbing my hair with her toes! She had a really good grip too Dana had to come over and rescue me!

Kalen has been giving everyone nicknames Marryne's is "buzzwightyear" or on occasion "Alfred", mine is "Capin Caillou" Dana and Ellie have yet to receive one, I am curious as to what they may be!

Ryne was kinda bummed to find out the Kaleb may be going to "her" school, I told her that it isn't just her school and he needs to learn too she said "oh, well he better not be in my class!" I reassured her that he wouldn't be she said "oh good cause he annoys me, now he can annoy someone else!"

2 comments:

  1. Classic! Your kids will love reading this when they are older. You're such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ he annoys me and now he can annoy someone else. Little brothers are always annoying, but we love them just the same.

    Glad you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete