Saturday, August 22, 2009

While the house is quiet

I figured since everyone else is taking a nap I would do some blogging. First I will start with yesterday, I had an appointment for Kaleb to get him tested to see if he qualifies for the same pre-school program that Ryne is in well it turns out that he just might!!! Now I can't say if I am happy because he qualifies or mad because of the way he acted during the testing let me explain, I made sure he took a nap long before it was time to go figuring he would be nice and rested and ready to go, well apparently I was WRONG! The appointment was for 2, Dana gets off at 12;45 and is home by 1:30 so I figured we would have plenty of time to get to the school since it's only about 10 mins away from my house WRONG AGAIN, Dana called me at 1:20 to let me know that he ran out of gas and he was now stuck on the side of the road AND he called roadside assistance and it would be about 45 mins before they could get there to give him gas!! What are you SERIOUS!!!?? I wasn't very happy I tried calling the school (just knowing that they were going to re-schedule and it would be another 2 weeks before we could get in again)but all I got was a voice mail so I left a message. Dana finally gets home at 2 so I grab Kaleb and we are out the door!! I got Kaleb all excited about going and let him know what they were going to do and he seemed to be on board. We got there and got right in (after the secretary wasn't very nice cause we were late) and that's when it started Kaleb was AWFUL I have never seen him behave that way before. They sat him in a special little chair that had a chair that went over it(to keep the kid in thechair) well he climbed out of it 2, so then the gal that was doing the eval called in some reinforcements 3 more people came in. Every time they put anything in front of him he would chuck it across the room, and when he couldn't chuck it he would sit on it. He did NOTHING that they asked him to he just plain refused, they asked him "Would you like to color!?"figuring all kids like to color not him his response was "No sanks" (at least he was polite that time!!), they thought he might like to play with a car nope that went flying across the room as he explain "I said I didn't want the car.", now he was VERY vocal and the speech therapist who is also the director that the school was writing down all of the words that he said and he even said dammit a few times talk about EMBARRASSING! Finally after they got all they could out of him they let him go play by himself and we was so happy, while I was sitting there with the teacher answering questions Kaleb kept coming over to the table and doing things that they had tried to get him to do earlier like color he brought over some chalk grabbed a piece of paper and said "Look Mommy I can draw and line, and a circle", he also threw and kicked a ball (which he refused to do earlier). What can I say he is a defiant little bugger. As we were nearing to the end we were making an appointment to come back for a speech eval, and the director said "I'm pretty sure he qualifies for the program, let's also schedule the final appointment on the 21st of Sept and then he can start school on the 22nd." It's technically not "official" yet they have to complete all of the evals and then get together and decided how they can help him and fit his needs, then they bring in the parents we register him and he starts!! So that was my day yesterday.

Today has been much different and very relaxing. The missionaries called us last night to remind was we were feeding them today, and that they had a baptism in the evening could we do lunch instead, and of course we said yes. We all were up by 8 I fed the baby and kids while Dane went to get a few things we needed for lunch then he got home and we did some Yoga and man that was super nice and relaxing, the kids even did a little here and there. After we were done with yoga we got to work on lunch, we decided to make chicken quesedellas(?), just to add some flavor I put some ranch power mix in the chicken and WOW did that add some flavor, it was wonderful, everyone chowed down. After the missionaries left we all sat down in the living room and took naps, well all except Marryne she kept trying to wake us up, I finally did get up when Dana's cell phone went off. I figured I better get the kitchen cleaned and the laundry folded and Marryne even helped with out being ask what an awesome girl I have!! And man has it been nice to just sit and put my thoughts down with out rushing. Hopefully tomorrow will be a nice day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment